Visiting Hours, Gift Shop, Cafeteria
Visiting hours vary from one patient area to another. In some cases, visiting hours may be limited or expanded in accordance with the physician's treatment recommendations.
Visitor Check-in – All visitors must check in through designated security entrances and obtain a visitor's pass in order to enter the hospital. There are no exceptions. The safety and security of our patients, physicians and team members are of the highest importance.
General Hours – 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Maternity – 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. Children under 12 years old are not permitted except sibling of newborns.
Labor Delivery – 24 hours a day (at patient's discretion).
Postpartum – 8:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Critical Care Units – Immediate family are allowed only and no more than two visitors are allowed at one time.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) – Parents and guardians are welcome to visit any time unless there is a danger of spreading illness, such as during a severe flu season. Brothers, sisters and other family and friends may visit between 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. However, at the parent’s discretion, we offer around-the-clock visiting privileges. Visiting children are the responsibility of the parent. Children under the age of 13 – including brothers and sisters of the patient – must be accompanied by an adult in all areas. Those not allowed to visit include:
- Anyone who has symptoms of a contagious illness, such as the flu, a cough, cold, vomiting, diarrhea or rash.
- Anyone who has not had the chicken pox, measles or other infectious diseases and has had a known exposure in the past three weeks. If you received the chicken pox vaccine in the last three weeks, talk to your child's nurse before visiting.
During the winter months, when flu and respiratory illnesses are at their highest, we limit visiting in the NICU. To protect our patients, parents are the only ones we allow to visit during these times.
The Gift Shop features a selection of cards, candy and gifts, as well as magazines and personal items. As a reminder, please check with the nurse before giving a patient any food or candy. Flowers are not permitted in the NICU or ICU. Gift shop hours are: Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Rancho Springs Medical Center and Inland Valley Medical Center offer free public WIFI – look for "SWHS Public."
- Breakfast: 7 – 9 a.m.
- Lunch: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Inland Valley Medical Center: Main entrance radiology waiting area
Vending Machine Locations
Inland Valley Medical Center:
• Emergency Department waiting area
Rancho Springs Medical Center:
• Courtyard (just outside the medical/surgical patient rooms)
• Emergency Department waiting area.