Inland Valley and Rancho Springs Department of Physical Therapy is dedicated to improving our patients' quality of life by promoting and facilitating optimal health and human function.
This is achieved by providing comprehensive patient evaluation and treatment, educating patients and families and consulting with other healthcare providers.
The Physical Therapy staff interfaces with all disciplines, including neurosciences, orthopedics, gerontology, hematology, oncology, and general medicine. Physical therapy services are provided to outpatients and hospitalized patients.
Our clinical expertise and core values of compassion and respect demonstrate our firm commitment to providing the highest quality care for our patients.
Patients admitted for inpatient care may have diagnoses including:
- Stroke (CVA)
- Brain tumor
- Orthopedic conditions
- Neurological/postneurosurgical condition
- Spinal cord injury
Patients may be treated as outpatients for:
- Acute chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Sports injuries
- Orthopedic post surgical care
- Chronic pain
- Neuromuscular disease
The Department of Physical Therapy provides a range of evaluative, preventative and rehabilitative services to those with impairments in physical functioning. Our staff provides patients with comprehensive evaluations, one-to-one education and functional training.
Specific services include:
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neuromuscular conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with musculoskeletal conditions
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with neurological deficits following a stroke or intracranial surgery
- Training of amputee patients in preparation for and use of prosthetic limbs
- Biomechanical assessment of the lower extremities with fitting for orthotics
- Strengthening and instruction in functional activities for patients recovering from acute medical problems, trauma and surgical procedures
- Instruction of patients and caregivers in safe, effective function geared toward independence
- Instruction in self-care and home exercises to promote self-management of symptoms
- Evaluation and treatment of patients with chronic pain
- Consultation with other healthcare professionals regarding patients' requirement/ potential for rehabilitation
- Community outreach and education on back care, posture evaluation and correction and falls prevention
Our clinical staff includes physical therapists with specific expertise in various clinical specialties. We are unique in our ability to offer multiple services in one setting.
When you need to find a doctor for yourself or your family, our FREE Direct Doctors Plus physician referral service can help.
Appointments are scheduled Monday through Saturday between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.